Durabol 250 mg/mL (Nandrolone Phenylpropionte)
Chemical name: (17β)-3-Oxoestr-4-en-17-yl 3-phenylpropanoate
Anabolic activity index: 125%
Androgenic activity index: 37%
- ACTIVITY: 2-3 days
- DELAY WATER: Low
- CLASSIFICATION: Anabolic steroid
- HBR: No
- DOSAGE: Men 200 – 700 mg / week
- HEPATOXITY: Low
- ACNE: Rarely
- AROMATIZATION: Low
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (Methandriol Dipropionate)
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate is an anabolic steroid that is very similar to the popular Nandrolone Decanoate compound. However, Nandrolone Phenylpropionate was the first Nandrolone compound ever commercially sold.
On the basis of the hormone’s function, Nandrolone Phenylpropionate is identical to Nandrolone Decanoate. Both forms are comprised of the same active hormone. In the case of NPP we have a shorter ester version that gives a larger burst of Nandrolone after injection, but also carries a much shorter half-life. This means Nandrolone Phenylpropionate has to be injected more frequently than its larger ester counterpart if blood levels are to remain stable.
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate is slightly more anabolic than testosterone with a rating of 125 compared to testosterone’s rating of 100. It is also significantly less androgenic with a rating of 37 compared to testosterone’s rating of 100. The reduced androgenicity is due to the Nandrolone hormone reducing to dihydronandrolone (DHN) instead of dihydrotestosterone (DHT). This is one of the reasons Nandrolone Phenylpropionate can be well tolerated at higher doses in some men than higher doses of testosterone.
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate is also significantly less estrogenic than testosterone. Both Nandrolone and testosterone aromatize, but Nandrolone only does so at approximately 20% the rate of testosterone.
Important Note: Nandrolone Phenylpropionate carries a progestin nature, and this will play into the side effects of this hormone.
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate carries many positive traits that are similar to many anabolic steroids. However, this compound also carries functional traits that will far outweigh what some steroidal hormones can do. The positive functional traits of Nandrolone Phenylpropionate include:
- Increased IGF-1 Production: Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 (IGF-1) is a potent anabolic hormone that is also essential to our body’s ability to recovery. This is a hormone that affects nearly all cells within the human body.
- Inhibition of Glucocorticoids: Known as stress hormones (cortisol) these hormones are essential to our health and wellbeing. However, glucocorticoids can also promote muscle loss and fat gain when they become dominant. Vigorous activity can lead to increases in stress hormones. Hormones like Nandrolone can reduce the production of stress hormones.
- Increased Nitrogen Retention: All muscle tissue is comprised of 16% nitrogen. If retention falls we fall into a catabolic state. The more we retain the more anabolic we remain.
- Increased Protein Synthesis: This refers to the rate in which cells build proteins, the building blocks of muscle tissue.
- Increased Red Blood Cell Count: Red blood cells carry oxygen to and through the blood. Greater efficiency results in enhanced muscular endurance and recovery.
- Increased Collagen Synthesis & Bone Mineral Content: This refers to the strength of bones and cartilage and the ability to strengthen and provide healing relief. This will hold true in joints more so than anywhere else.
Important Note: It’s often said Nandrolone forces water into the joints, thereby providing relief. This is not physically possible. It is not water, it is the enhancement of collagen synthesis and bone mineral content that provides relief.
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate is also well-suited for medical treatment in a host of areas. Although Nandrolone Decanoate is more commonly used, the Phenylpropionate version is still used with some regularity. The use of Nandrolone Phenylpropionate has been proven useful in the treatment of the following:
- Muscle Wasting Diseases: Cancer, HIV, etc.
- Improving Geriatric Weakness & Fatigue
- Breast Cancer
- The Treatment of Burn Victims
- Pituitary Dwarfism
- Development Retardation in Children
Despite a host of benefits and purposes of use, in the U.S. Nandrolone is generally only prescribed for HIV, AIDS and anemia. Its rate of success in other areas is high, but typically use for such areas of medicine is found outside the U.S. Some U.S. physicians have begun to prescribe it for anti-aging purposes, but this still represents a very small fraction of the total prescriptions.
Effects of Nandrolone Phenylpropionate
Through a thorough understanding of the functions and traits of Nandrolone Phenylpropionate we already have a good understanding of the positive effects of this steroid. However, to put it in terms that a performance athlete can appreciate we can be a little more specific.
For the off-season athlete, a bulking cycle, Nandrolone Phenylpropionate is one of the best steroids he can choose to enhance muscularity and size. This is one of the best mass builders available and for many bodybuilders is used in every bulking plan. Despite being a faster acting Nandrolone form growth will not occur rapidly, but it will be steady, even and significant. This is assuming you are eating enough to grow. In order to grow you must consume more calories than you burn. No steroid in the world can change this truth. But you will get more out of your growth with a steroid like Nandrolone Phenylpropionate if you are doing things properly. You should also notice you stay leaner in your off-season due to the significant metabolic effects of the hormone. And when it comes to recovery from strenuous training very few things will beat Nandrolone Phenylpropionate.
Nandrolone Phenylpropionate can also be used for cutting cycles, although it’s not commonly thought of as a cutting steroid. This steroid will significantly protect lean muscle mass better than many steroids. When we diet we must burn more calories than we consume. This is the only way body fat can be lost. Unfortunately, this puts lean muscle tissue at risk. When we diet some lean tissue will be lost, but successful dieting limits this loss, and Nandrolone can provide this protective measure. And once again the recovery benefits will be tremendous, especially when recovery can already be incredibly difficult when dieting due to the caloric deficit.
The final benefits for performance surround the athlete. Many athletes use low doses of Nandrolone Phenylpropionate for the recovery and joint relief benefits. These are not masking benefits like painkillers provide but true relief. Some may also find strength increases to a degree, although this isn’t a steroid well known for tremendous strength increasing properties. Regardless, this is one of the more common steroids used by athletes.